Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Adventures

Happy New Year! I know it is a couple of days late, but at least I got it out there. I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and a wonderful New Year. We were so blessed to be able to spend as much time as we did with all our family and some of our friends. We got some pretty good gifts, but that is not what made the celebrations so great. We did a White Elephant gift exchange with Jason's family which was tons of fun. I gave a box of cookies and got a lovely mug and magazine full of cookie recipies. Jason gave an "outhouse calendar," a roll of toilet paper, and a book called How to S*** in the Woods and got a hockey stick. This year was exceptionally hillarious for several reasons, one being Jason's gift (the person who gave him the book 10 years ago actually got it back), and the other being my mother-in-law's gift- a framed piece of fabric she dyed that she named "Blue Boobs." It was a great time and I'm so glad that they have accepted me as part of the family, they are wonderful people. After that we went to my parents' house to eat dessert and spend time with my family. All the family that lives in ABQ made it down to the house and even my family from Arizona was able to make the trip. Great day.

After Christmas we made the hike up to Tome Hill. Jason's grandma likes to hike it every year around Christmas, so that is what we did. Jason's uncle, cousin and their family all came with us, and afterwards we ate at Dion's (a new tradition since I joined the family). We took Abby, too, and she surprised us all at how good she was. The day after hiking the hill we went up to the cabin to sled. We were hoping there would be a lot of snow and that the trip wouldn't be a waste of time. It definitely wasn't. There was at least a foot of snow, and while it wasn't packing very well, it was still tons of fun. My broters came and had a good time, too, other than getting really cold (because they wore jeans!) and anxious to get home so they could play with all their new Christmas presents. We drank a lot of hot chocolate and were all sore the next day because of the sledding :-).

On Tuesday after Christmas I had an interview at that bilingual school that I want to work at. I don't think I will get the job, but it was great experience and I'm glad they at least know my name and can call me if something else comes up. I think I will find out for sure this week, but like I said, I'm just glad they gave me the opportunity to interview and practice. I keep applying for jobs as they come up and I know eventually I will get one, but for now I will be happy subbing (once I get over how nervous it makes me to walk into a completely strange classroom).

New Year's Eve we went to my parents' house to play Rockband with my family. My sister bought herself a Wii and that game, and it was actually a lot of fun. It was hillarious when my sister decided to sing "American Woman" with me. We were all rolling on the floor laughing. Fun game.

Other than that the break has been pretty good. Jason still has another week off (unpaid furlow) so we still get to hang out for a while. He is taking me to El Paso on Saturday to take my last certification test (the one I failed once already). Hopefully I will feel well and will able to do better. I didn't fail by much, but my score needed quite a bit of work. We will see how it goes. I am trying to have faith that God has something planned for me, which is why I failed the first time, but it is hard to remember sometimes. Good thing I have a lot of people praying for me because I certainly can't do it on my own.

More to come, but I am going to help Jason do some yard work for a while. Happy 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment