Friday, January 8, 2010

More prayer requests

You may think I am on a roll by posting so much recently, but really I just have a lot of prayer requests, because I know God answers prayer and the more prayers the better!

Tomorrow I am going to El Paso for that test. I need to do better on the oral part especially, but the writing part also gave me a little trouble. I just pray that I can have a clear mind and use what I know, and that God would give me the words I haven't learned so I can succeed this time I take the test. He has done that for me before, and I just pray He will do it again now.

The second request I have is for an inteview I have on Monday. It is at a school I have never been to but I know one of the kindergarten teachers there. I think she has worked there for several years, and while the school isn't all that supportive of a bilingual program, the position is "bilingual teacher." I don't know the grade level, if it is long or short term, or any other details, but all I care about is getting a job of some kind. Please pray that I would be able to adequately express myself and get my views about teaching across. I also ask that I would get a feeling of how the school functions and what the atmosphere is like so I can accept the job if it is a good place to work, and think twice about it if not.

Thanks for praying, I really appreciate it.

On a different note, the electricians are done in our kitchen. The laundry room is going up quickly (thanks to Jason and his dad's handy-ness) and I am getting closer to being able to visualize what the kitchen is going to look like when it is done. It is going to be a bit of a let down, though, because the kitchen is going to be so nice and the rest of our house still needs so much work. We are trying to figure out if this is where we are going to want to live forever and raise our kids, or if we are just going to somewhat fix it up and then sell it in a few years. If we are going to live here forever we are going to do a LOT of work on the house to make it perfect, so I am not going to want to move. If we aren't going to live here forever I am still not going to want to do a lot of work on the next house we get, so it is going to be interesting to see what we decide. I can't even consider moving right now because we still have so many unpacked boxes in our garage and throughout the hosue, but maybe in a few years I will be able to entertain the idea.

Well that's the update. Time to go help out and be productive before going to El Paso tomorrow. Or maybe I will just go play Rockband with my sister and my parents. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment