Sunday, January 17, 2010

Floors and more

Yep, I said floors. We finally got our floors put down in the kitchen! It is so exciting, but we covered them up with paper before they were down for even 24 hours so we didn't get them dirty when we finished the work. We spent today mudding and taping the drywall to get it prepared to be textured and painted. It's coming along! We are hoping that by the first week in February we will be completely done with the whole thing.

I finally finished the baby blanket for my niece on Saturday. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it to my sister, so I will have to do that later. I'm really glad I got it finished, though, because now I don't have to worry about it any more. I have a bunch of other projects that I could work on, but I Don't have much space to work on them since our livingroom now holds the refrigerator as well as everything else that normally resides in the kitchen. We will see if I can get anything else done, but I am not holding my breath.

This week could be interesting. It is hopefully my last week of unemployment (which I will know for sure on Thursday) so I have some things to get done. I want to spend some time with my sister and her kids. I also want to run some errands that I won't have time for later on. Our cabinets might come in this week, which means we can get them installed either late this week or early next week. I guess I am going to have to see what all I am able to get done! Updates to come as things develop this week.

Also, I have a couple of prayer requests. One is for my mom's aunt. She fell last week at work and had to have a partial hip replacement. She is already up and walking around with a walker. She was in good health when she fell, so we are praying that her recovery will be quick and complete.
Another is for me. I have started reading my Bible daily again. I go through phases with this. I will get in the habit, everything is going great, then I get out of the habit. I can tell that I am so much happier and much more at peace in my life when I am reading it every day, but since I haven't for a while now I noticed my relationship with God was suffering. I know people go through this a lot, and I just pray that I can get back in the habit and that my desire to learn more and more from Him will be as strong as ever.

Thanks so much! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment