Thursday, January 14, 2010

God is great!

I (unofficially) got a job! I haven't gotten an offer yet, but the assistant principal at the school I interviewed at called me back today asking me to send him some information. I had to fax him my certification from Texas, my application for licensure in NM, and I will have to send him my scores from my certification tests when I get my results from the bilingual test back. He said, "I can't offer you the job, but I want to get all the paperwork in order so we can send it off to central office so they can let you know..." I thought that was really funny. But I'm so excited about it! My mom thinks it is going to be the perfect first job for me because I won't necessarily have my own classroom and I will be more like a consultant, working with students individually on their work, and working with the other classroom teachers to help the students. I agree with her that this is going to be great since I am coming in at the middle of the school year. I need to talk to a friend of mine who works there to get the scoop, but I had a really good feeling when I went to the school for my interview. It isn't quite real yet since I haven't officially gotten an offer, but I am very optimistic!

On a different note, my youngest brother has had an erruption today. He was being very defiant about school and was arguing with my mom. Once they hit 5 times arguing they get priveledges taken away. I guess he was at 3 and he just said go ahead and put him at 5, so mom did. She told him to go get his iPod from his room and he said no. She said if he gets it he only loses it for one day, but if she has to get it he loses it for two days. He told her to go get it, so he lost it for 2 days. He then left on his bike and was playing with some other toys. My parents took everything away until he finishes his school work and chores. Him and David were on a walk when I went to my parents' house and I haven't heard anything since then. I know it is stressful for my parents but they also knew things like this happen when you are parents. If you could say a prayer for them today that would be great, and I know they would appreciate it.

Today has been spent watching Harry Potter (I now own the whole collection, thanks to my outstanding husband) and quilting, while I wasn't sending off that stuff to the school. I had a great birthday yesterday and I'm excited to go spend some of the gift cards I got yesterday with Jason. Off to do more quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment