Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Golfing, coughing, and prayer requests

We got to play golf today! It is rare when we play golf without my grandparents, but today we were able to. My parents, Jason, and I all went and walked 9 holes. I didn't play well, but I didn't play all that horribly either. I get so tired walking, so it is a good thing we only played 9 holes. My mom had low blood sugar at the end, which made it interesting, but then we ate a delicious lunch and she was much better. I am starting to feel sick, however, and I am hoping that goes away ASAP because I don't want to feel ill again when I take the BTLPT on Saturday. Jason is taking me down there, which will be nice, but I am not looking forward to the trip at all. Just have to keep the faith!

I have a couple of prayer requests to mention:

The first is I know two separate couples who are going through a divorce, or at least discussing it. One couple has children and it upsets me greatly to see the anger, frustration, immaturity, and everything else that goes along with it, from one of the people in particular. I just pray that they are able to put the petty arguments aside, especially in front of the children, and that they will keep the interests of the children in mind above everything else. I don't know how it is going to turn out, but I just pray that the children aren't shoved into the middle of it, and that it happens quickly rather than being drug on.
The other couple does not have children, but it is just as painful for them. I don't know any details of their separation, but I just ask that you pray for God to intervein and for their marriage to be saved. If anyone can do it, God can do it. I don't think the divorce is finalized, so there is still time for Him to work a miracle. I also ask that you pray both of the individuals can stay close to Christ through the situation, that their faith does not suffer. Please pray for all the families involved in both situations.

Another request is for the couples I know who are getting engaged and talking about marriage. One couple is my sister and her boyfriend. They are not engaged yet but are planning a wedding nonetheless. I don't know when they will get engaged, but they are talking about getting married in August (which doesn't make sense to me because she will graduate in September, but I haven't really talked to her about it yet). They are not Christians and I know how hard it is to have a successful marriage without Christ as the center, so I just pray that they come back to Him so their marriage will last and they can have the best chance possible. I really like her boyfriend, he is a really great guy, I just want the best for them.
The second couple I am thinking about are friends of ours. They have been living together for a while and I think they are great for each other. We are super excited that they have found each other and that it is working out. They are not Christians either, however, and I pray they would come to know Christ so their marriage, too, has the best chance of survival. One of them has had a hard family situation to deal with, and I know he does not want his own situation to end up that way, so I pray that it won't. I want them to be happy, and I want their marriage to be successful, and I know the best chance of that is if they base their relationship on Christ.

I know relationships and marriages can be successful apart from Christ, because I have seen it, but I want everyone to know the joy I know from having a relationship with Christ. Marriage is hard work, and I know Jason and I have to work at it all the time, but it would be infinitely harder if we didn't have Christ as the third member of our team, so to speak.

And finally, I am asking for prayer for my job situation. I have been completely unsuccessful in trying to contact the HR person in charge of hiring. All I want to do is sub for now, and I can't even do that! I haven't gotten my certification letter in the mail yet, either, which is making things even more complicated. I don't know if I am going to be able to get certified in NM before I get both certifications or if I can just do one and then the other (my bilingual certification once I take my last test on Saturday). Nobody is being very helpful with my questions, so I am kinda drowning in all the information and requirements for what I need to do. I just pray that God will open some doors and show me what He wants for me in the future. I assumed I would just be able to sub pretty much as soon as I graduated, but it is proving more tricky than I anticipated. I am just stressed about this whole job thing, and I am praying for wisdom and guidance through my search.

Ok, I think that is enough for now. I feel like I only know how to write novels these days when I blog, but what can you do? I write what I am feeling and thinking, and isn't that the point? Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment