Sunday, June 28, 2009

What a weekend

This weekend was so full I am finding it very hard to believe that today is only Sunday...

Friday-
I wake up at 6am to drive to Lubbock. My mom, since she is so wonderful, volunteered to come with me so I wouldn't have to go by myself. We had to leave early because I had a hair appointment that afternoon. We make 4 stops along the way because that is how much we had to go to the bathroom... haha. So we got there in plenty of time to go to the hotel before I had to get to my hair appointment. I went and got my hair done, shorter than I planned but I still like it. We then met my Sunday school teachers and their family for dinner. After that we went back to the hotel, hung out at the pool for a while, then went to bed. I knew I had to get up early the next day so I didn't stay up very late.

Saturday-
I woke up at 6am, showered, did my hair, ate breakfast, then drove to TTU for my test. I had to take the EC-6 generalist first, supposedly the harder one, so I was trying to make sure I was wide awake by the time I got there. They told us to be there 30 minutes before our test, which I did, but then by the time they got everyone seated and everything the test started 30 minutes late... frustrating. So I got done with the test in like 2 hours, some of the questions I had no idea how to answer and I am not positive I passed the test... also frustrating. I am hoping that my test-taking skills pushed me over the "passed" line, but I am trying not to get my hopes up. Then I went and had lunch with some of my friends from school, which was really nice. I hadn't seen anyone since the beginning of May, so it had been a while. After that I went back to school to take the EC-6 PPR exam (pedagogy and professional responsibilities). Again, started 30 minutes late and I had no idea on a lot of the questions. Hopefully I did OK, though, because I don't want to have to take them again. After my test I called my mom and we headed out of town! After stopping at Sonic, of course.
My mom is so amazing- she drove all the way to Lubbock on Friday, had to just hang out by herself all day Saturday (with the internet not working so she couldn't finish a report she needed to write) then she drove most of the way back on Saturday! She is such a great person, and I am so blessed to have her as my mom.

Sunday-
We went to church this morning, then Jason and I went out to eat, like we always do on Sundays. After that we came back home to work on drawing a plan for our house and looking at kitchen cabinet designs. Then we took the boys to see Transformers 2 (pretty good: not as bad as the reviews say but not as good as the first one). Then we came back and ate dinner and are just hanging out, while I am blogging and doing laundry.
Earlier my sister called me to ask when a good weekend would be for her baby shower... and I had to explain to her in as nice of a way as I could that people won't come to a baby shower if she has one. It broke my heart to have to tell her that, but I didn't want to lie to her. I called her back this evening to make sure I didn't hurt her feelings, and she said I didn't, but it kills me to be "mean" to her, even if it is just honesty. I told her that the baby will still get things, that I am still going to make her a blanket, and that this by no means an indication of how we feel towards the baby. It is just impossible for people to be excited about this baby when it is the second one out of wedlock... if you know what I mean. It is killing me, though, that I said that to her, because I know it hurt her feelings even if she didn't say so. Oh well, I guess what is done is done and I can't change it now. Jason said she needed to hear that, but I am not sure I did it in the right way. I know I shouldn't dwell on it, but I can't help it...

And on top of everything else my stupid computer is acting up and it is making me want to throw it across the room!! I am going to try to take it in this week to see what they can do with it so I don't have to get a new one, but I am not sure anything they do will save it. I got a virus a while back and while my computer says it isn't there any more it still runs extremely slowly (15 minutes to start up) and is super frustrating.

And finally, on a positive note, I finished that tshirt blanket!! It is on my other blog if you are interested in seeing the finished project. This lady hired me to make this for her son and she said she might have me do another one for another child of hers. It was difficult but I think it turned out pretty nice.

OK, enough from me for now. God bless and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment