Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Nothing too important

This is just a blog for the random things running through my head this morning, there isn't going to be much to it, I'm sure. But here goes-

We still haven't found a house. We are going to look at a few today that are cheaper than what we have been looking at so far. One is in a really nice neighborhood but needs a lot of work. The other one is on the other side of the river, so we would be much further away from our parents. I am pre-screening them while Jason is at work and if they are worth looking at then we will go back later this week. I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

This morning my mom texted me and told me that when Jordan work up he said, "Where's my Bible?" and "Jesus loves me" completely randomly with no prompting. She said it actually made her cry. She said, "He knows more than most unbelievers!" which is sad but true. It is really cute and I am hoping that maybe he will be the one who brings my sister to a relationship with Christ. Something to pray about!

All of a sudden I have gotten in contact with some friends who I have not seen in many years. One of the friends got married a year and a half after us, her husband then joined the military, and now they are expecting a baby. She was my Bible study leader freshman year in college and I didn't see her much after that.
The other friend is someone I played soccer with my sophomore and junior years in high school. She was one of my best friends on the team and I don't think I have seen her in about 5 years. We are having dinner tonight, actually, which should be tons of fun! She knows ASL so she might be able to help me with my class that I am taking right now.
Just interesting that these people are back in my life, even if just for a little bit.

My sister invited me to go to lunch today. She only does that if she is bored, and while I am glad she is turning to me instead of some random guy, it is just interesting that all of a sudden she wants to be friends with me (something that hasn't happened since middle school). I really want to continue to grow our relationship with each other, because most sisters are very close with one another, and I think that family is very important. We simply don't have very much in common. Every time I am around her she makes me feel guilty for being so happy, while at the same time I feel bad for her because she is so unhappy and trying to find that happiness in everything except where she should- God. Thankfully she has gone to church three weeks in a row, and while I don't think she is getting a lot out of it right now, she is still going and that is the first step (something she would not have considered about 2 months ago and before that). So anyway, I thought that was just as interesting as everything else that I have written about.

On another note- David has had some tests done and they came back saying he has low testosterone levels. Well my mom took him to the endocryne doctor yesterday and he said that David hasn't hit puberty yet (remember, he is 17 1/2 years old) and that he may just be a very late bloomer. They took some xrays to see if he is still growing and they took some more blood and did a couple more tests to try to rule out other things. I don't know when all the results will come back, but hopefully it is nothing more than he is a late bloomer and everything will straighten itself out with time. Sam, on the other hand, has a slight iron deficiency, which is easily fixed by taking supplements, so that is no big deal.

Ok, gotta get going for the day. Just excuse the randomness of this blog. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment