Monday, June 15, 2009

test and family

I took the first of four tests for my certification today... it seems like it was a sinch. It was just like the tests I took in one of my classes this past semester and the semester before it. I hated the classes while I was taking them, but I guess they prepared me for this test, if nothing else! (At least that is what I am hoping, we will see if I pass or not...) I had to get to the testing center (30 minutes away) at 7:30am, the test was supposed to start at 8am but I started at like 7:45. They gave me 5 HOURS to take the test, 70 questions, and I was done in 45 minutes... it was kinda weird. I made myself stay in there for another 15 minutes reading over all the questions again, but I only changed two answers, I think, then I just left. I had to go to the bank, so I did that while I was in town, then it was back home! I thought it was going to be a much bigger deal than that.

When I got to my parents' house I was able to visit with my aunt and my mom's cousin. It was really nice to see them and I am glad I was done with my test so early so I could visit some before my aunt had to drive back to AZ. It is going to be an interesting summer. My cousin from AZ is coming in July to check out UNM with a friend of his, my parents and maybe Jason and I will be going to AZ in August to watch the cousins while my aunt and uncle are at a conference in SC, I have to make at least one trip to Lubbock (in less than two weeks), and we are talking about either going to Navajo Lake or to Dallas for a wedding in July (on the same weekend, of course, so we can't do both). There are just a lot of things going on this summer that we don't normally do, and now that Jason is working we can't just pick up and leave during the week like we used to be able to do.

Oh well, at least my first test is done and I get to babysit Jordan this afternoon. Hopefully this week will be as good as last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment