Thursday, June 18, 2009

House update

Ok, so you know how yesterday I said I wasn't going to get my hopes up about the houses we were going to see? Well we only saw one house, and then we decided to make an offer on it!! It is $100k cheaper than all the other houses we have been looking at and needs a LOT of work, but it has so much potential that we couldn't pass it up. A lot of the work will have to be done by a professional (I think, Jason doesn't) but a lot of the work can be done by us, too. Like completely remodeling the kitchen, for example. I would probably hire a professional to do that, but both Jason and his dad seem to think we can do that ourselves. Who knows. But, the point is I am pretty sure we are getting the house! Even if we have to pay full price it is that much cheaper than all the other houses, which means we will have a lot more to play around with later on. And it won't dwindle all our savings after we put the 20% down. I am so excited about it! I just want it to hurry up and happen so we can start working on it, though I know these things take many days/weeks. Hopefully it will happen sooner rather than later.

And I was contacted by yet another friend yesterday who I haven't seen in like 3 years. She just wrote to me out of the blue! It was nice to hear from her, but I don't know anything about her life right now, so I don't even know what to ask about to get to know her better. We have been writing back and forth, so we might hang out or something before the summer is over.

Oh, and on top of us buying a house, Jason's parents got an offer on the house in Lubbock yesterday! It was a much more reasonable offer than they have gotten before, and they countered so hopefully the people will accept and they will be done with that house! It is turning into a little bit of a hassle and they wanted it to be gone long before now, but as everyone knows the housing market is not so hot. But, to sum up, good things happened yesterday and hopefully they will continue to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment