Saturday, June 13, 2009

Birthday party!

Tonight we are going to Jason's grandma's 80th birthday party. Originally it was supposed to be a surprise, but since his aunt is so sick they decided to tell her about it and let her decide if she wanted to have it or not. We are supposed to bring bread... lol. Anyway, it should be interesting to see all of Jason's family, something that only happens at Christmas and usually it isn't even his whole family. I am looking forward to it- hopefully it isn't awkward and hopefully his aunt feels well enough to enjoy herself when she comes.

Last night Jason drove dad's race truck for the very first time. I was so nervous the first time he was up there because everyone says the first time is the worst. He did fine, though, and didn't look like a fool at all! Something that is very common for the first ever run in a race car. It was fun to watch him, though, especially because he had such a good time doing it. He just drove at the "test and tune" last night, though, so hopefully he will be able to race here in the near future. Not tonight, though, because it is the "midnight madness" race and the racing doesn't start until midnight, meaning the race will go until 5am. No thank you, we have church in the morning.

Actually, after church we are going to look at a few houses. We drove by a couple today but didn't go in any of them. We saw one that had a beautiful yard, with a garden, so hopefully it doesn't disappoint when we go see it tomorrow.

On a different note, my sister just got her 10th car today... a Saturn Vue. Jason and I have had 6 cars between the two of us, the last one I paid half for when I was a senior in high school. She is on number 10 and hasn't paid for ANY of them. I like this car for her, it is a good one for kids and car seats and gas milage and things like that, but it is still frustrating that my parents are putting out the money for even more things for her that she hasn't earned. Not that I have earned much of what they have done for me or given me, but it is just hard to watch her take advantage of them sometimes. Anyway, that is all from me for now. I have to go make garlic butter for our dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment