Sunday, June 7, 2009

Coming up next

This week will be full of changes. For starters- Jason's parents and my parents are out of town. Jason's parents are on their way to Oregon to pick up his sister from college and my parents are visiting my grandparents this week. So, we are going to be completely on our own in someone else's house... should be interesting.

Tomorrow- Jason starts work!! We are so excited about it but he is super nervous. Not that he is afraid or anything like that, he just isn't a huge fan of "newness" or being in an unfamiliar place doing unfamiliar things. Also, I am going to babysit Jordan tomorrow afternoon while my sister goes to her late class. She is going to be taking 3 classes over the summer and one of them goes later than daycare is open, so I volunteered to watch Jordan, at least while my parents are out of town.

And Tuesday- I start my sign language class. I am really looking forward to it! I have always wanted to learn sign language for as long as I can remember, and I really hope I can learn as much as I am expecting to learn. Hopefully teaching Jason what I learn and then practicing with him will help me do better in the class and help us both effectively learn it. I'm not completely sure how the class is going to work, though, because I don't know how I would turn in homework or how tests work. Should be interesting, no matter what.

I am going to try to finish a quilt this week. I was supposed to get it done before we left for the summer, but it just didn't happen because I don't have the correct needle that I needed for this particular fabric (who knew there were different needles?). I should be able to finish it, though, and have it done by the time I go back to Lubbock to take some of my certification tests.

Speaking of tests- I can't take my last test until mid-October! I am so frustrated about it because I thought I would be able to take it June 13th down in El Paso. Apparently I missed the sign up deadline, though, and now I have to wait until October! And to make it worse, they are not offering the test on any weekend in October, it is all during the week, which is pretty stupid to me. What about those of us in school? Or working? Or living in NM?!?! It is really irritating, but there is nothing I can do about it and I may just have to make special arrangements to take it during the week, either in Lubbock or El Paso, depending on the day. irritating, but as long as I get to take it before I graduate I guess it will be OK. I am just working really hard to not lose my Spanish because it is an oral language proficiency test, so hopefully my reading will help keep it fresh in my mind. I have one test this coming Monday (a week from tomorrow)- the bilingual supplemental exam. Then in late June I have 2 tests- the PPR and the EC-6 Generalist. Hopefully I will pass them all the first time and only have to take each of them once, because I don't know what I am going to do if I fail any of them... it will just be a huge drag.

On a more positive note- My sister went to church with us this morning! She wanted to go last night with her best friend but Jordan wasn't feeling well so she decided to go with us this morning. She wasn't very engaged, didn't sing any of the songs or get interested in the message, but at least she went. I am just praying that I can continue to be there to support, encourage, and love her and that God will use that to bring her to Him. I know there is nothing I can do if the Holy Spirit doesn't choose to use me, but I can make myself available for Him to use, and I hope I am doing that adequately. Her and I have had a really good couple of days with my parents being gone. I have been able to watch Jordan some for her and to hang out with her and have some "girl talks." I want to grow closer to her again, but I know that it will take a long time for our relationship to get to that level where we completely trust and can confide in each other. Some day soon, hopefully!

Ok, that is enough for one post. I am sure I will write more when this week is in full swing and we find out what our lives are going to be like for the next week/month/etc. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment