Monday, June 22, 2009

We got it!!

Ok, so a lot of things have come up since the last time I blogged...

1. We bought a house! OK, technically we haven't bought it yet, but we have accepted the counter offer and are now just waiting for the bank to come through with the funds. We are having a few issues with that, but if nothing else our parents will loan us the money and we will use that route. It is a cute house with little character and zero upgrades. It was built in 1987 but has not been updated since then. The bedrooms are small but liveable, and the same goes for the bathrooms. We could move in tomorrow and be fine but we want to do some stuff right away, like remodel the kitchen and build a fence. We are super excited about it! Now we play the waiting game until we get the money...

2. I am going to Lubbock this weekend with my mom to take my tests for certification. I was originally going to go by myself, then the Schneiders offered to come with me so they could pick up a couple of things we left at the house. Then, I mentioned it to my parents and they decided one of them would come with me. Anyway, long story short, my mom is coming with me so she can get a 2 day break from the chaos that is the Swinney house. Should be interesting!

3. I found out that I will be able to take my BTLPT certification test (in Lubbock) on the same Monday I was supposed to start my student teaching back here. I talked to my supervisor and she said it would be OK if I started here on the following Wednesday, which is a huge blessing because I was kind of freaking out about having to be in two cities at once.

4. I have to be in Lubbock 3 days sooner than I had planned in August because they moved orientation forward. Instead of it being on Monday and Tuesday, it is now on Friday and Tuesday. Stupid, I know, and now Jason is going to have to take off Thursday and Friday instead of just Friday like he had planned. It is stupid because we had all planned on just Mon and Tue, but not now! I guess as long as I get credit for going and it isn't too big of a deal for Jason than it will be OK, but it is not going to be fun. I am so ready to be done with all that and just be here for good...

5. My sister has asked for a baby blanket for her "baby shower." I don't have the heart to tell her that I am not throwing her a baby shower like I did last time, and if she has one by some miracle she is going to have like 4 people show up. I will make her a baby blanket, I had already planned on that, but she doesn't get to know what it looks like or anything, or even when I am going to give it to her. And she has picked out a name, we think. Shelby Lee or Shelby Ray, she hasn't decided which one. She is pretty set on Shelby, though. I didn't like it at first, but now I don't think it is so bad. I think because I already know a guy Shelby, that is why I had such a hang up about it, but now I am coming around. Apparently my niece is going to have really long legs. She already weighs a pound and moves around quite a bit. Lauren is trying to exercise and keep as much of the weight off as she can, but obviously it is a difficult task. Just interesting.

Ok, I think that is all the news I have to catch y'all up on. This week is going to be chaos and I am surprised I found 15 minutes to write this. I have to finish a quilt, study for two tests, plan a trip to Lubbock, and get my life organized after going to the lake this weekend (which was really fun, by the way. It is really nice having our own boat). I should probably get up early tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment