Monday, March 30, 2009

So Soon

It hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday that we are moving home in a month and a half, and then we are going to St. Lucia in 2 months... yikes! These are two huge things! Moving home is something I haven't truly thought a lot about because it has felt so far away for so long that it didn't seem real. Well all of a sudden it is VERY real. We are hoping Jason will hear back from a job he applied for this week, and that would just be the icing on the cake. We don't necessarily have a plan for when we move back, but we are for sure moving the week after May 16 some time.
And as for going to St. Lucia... I have been working out all semester to try to get in shape, mostly because I need to work out (it isn't about a number, necessarily) and get back to being healthy. Well I have lost a total of 22 lbs. so far, since the summer basically, and have dropped to a size 9, which I haven't been since early in high school. I still do not feel all that comfortable in my own body, though, and if I am expected to wear a swimsuit in 2 months I really need to try to get into the best shape possible so I am not uncomfortable. I didn't work out at all during spring break, unless you count 2 days of snowboarding, and I only worked out twice last week instead of my usual 5 times. Needless to say I was very motivated this morning when the alarm went off at 7am. My mom asked me when I was going to stop trying to lose weight, and I figure there will be a point at which my weight will just level out and I will reach a good balance (my body will not have "extra stuff" to work off any more) and that is the point at where I will "stop." But I am going to let my body decide that. I don't have a number that I am going for, because I don't have any concept what a number looks like on me... plus I am losing weight in weird places, like my back and my hands. Hopefully I will be able to stay motivated so I can have fun in St. Lucia without being overly self-consious (and so Jason can be proud to have me by his side).
Sorry for the rant, I just had to let it all out this morning because of all I was thinking about last night. And just so you know, I have had to hide the scale from myself and only weigh myself once a week because I was compulsively weighing myself when I went into the bathroom during the day, any time I went in there. I decided that was not the way to go about losing weight and getting healthy, so I just weigh myself once a week and I don't worry about it between times, other than working out of course. I do not count calories, but I do try to make smarter choices with what I eat- like only having 2 Girl Scout cookies instead of the whole box after dinner, or having a sandwich instead of eating pudding for lunch, things like that, haha. Eating out can be a challenge, but some of the healthier things are just fine... not as good as the fat-filled, calorie-filled options I used to order, but still good. It is all about healthy choices for me, including forcing myself to drink 2 bottles of water each day (yucky).
Ok, really, that will be it. Again, I apologize for the rant, I just hade to get it all down. Have a spectacular week!

1 comment:

  1. Hon, you are just so beautiful!!! I can't imagine Jason NOT being proud to have you by his side no matter what - You are so beautiful on the inside that the outside doesn't matter as much- HOWEVER, there is nothing wrong with being a healthier individual - so many issues aren't as likely if you are healthy!!!! I'm with you and praying for you!!! Love you Sweetie!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete