Monday, March 9, 2009

Thoughts

I don't know if God is testing me or what, but I have not had a very good day today. Ok, maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, but the day started off with my feelings getting hurt, so that makes the rest of the day kinda rough. In all my classes I am kinda the go-to-girl whenever anyone has a question about assignments or class in general. Well I thought we were all pretty good friends in our classes, but I guess I was misled. I found out that like 9 girls, including my two best friends, went out this weekend and I wasn't invited. Now, they went to a bar, and if I was invited I probably would not have gone because that is not really my thing, but they didn't even invite me! Am I reading too much into this and taking it too personally? Did they know I would not come even though I said I would like to do stuff with them? Do they not want to hang out with me outside of school? Are they just "friends" with me so I will help them with school? I guess it just really hurt because I thought we were friends and then I didn't even get an invitation. I had to invite myself to the last thing we did. Maybe this is God's way of helping me cut the ties before I move home, but that just leaves me alone for the next two months. I don't know, I guess I am just going to have to pray about it...

On the positive side I have a great field-experience teacher that I am really going to enjoy working with! I like 4th graders so far! My teacher is hillarious and reminds me of my Aunt T. She jokes with the kids and makes them really think before she gives them any answers. I am in a writing class, so I will go to that one for a week, then math for a week and so on until I have seen all the classes. Should make teaching my lessons a lot easier! Anyway, I am looking forward to learning a lot and seeing more what it is like to be in a classroom for more than 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment