Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy 20th!

Today is my sister's 20th birthday! I absolutely can't believe it. She has one baby and another on the way, just started school, and is finally 20. She wants so badly to grow up but doesn't always know the best way to go about it. She started school yesterday, though, and is loving it, even though she said she has a TON of homework already. It is a lot, but it probably seems like more to someone who is not used to a normal load of homework. I am praying she stays in school and gets this degree (CNA) so she can get a better job and start making a better life for her and her babies. She is still trying to figure out where she stands with her baby's dad, but that is not really my business, so I don't ask about it. I hope that she continues to do well and that she finishes school strongly!

Today was a pretty good day for me. I didn't work out this morning, which was a bummer, but I had a huge test this afternoon that I had to study for. It was ~150 vocabulary words and definitions for my Spanish class. I forgot all my notes in LBK over spring break, so I couldn't even look over it while on vacation, that was really stressful when I got back. But thankfully I didn't have to babysit last night (the baby was sick )-: ) so I was able to study some then. I also had to do an "informational text read-aloud" today which I had to plan for last night. That was kinda fun to do today and I am really glad I am starting to get my lessons out of the way. I am really looking forward to watching the math teacher next week, but I have been having fun in the two classes I have been in so far (writing and reading). It is really interesting being with the same teacher and the same kids every day, I am learning so much. But the rest of this week I am going to just observe the reading teacher and I don't really have anything else to do other than an essay exam for Monday. Oh, and I think my test went really well this evening, so all that studying paid off! Hopefully tomorrow is fun with my bilingual class in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment