Sunday, March 22, 2009

Good place

Well, today was a pretty good day. Jason helped me in the nursery today, which was really nice, because I wouldn't have had any help otherwise. There was a really fussy baby this morning but the supervisor took care of him, thankfully, so we didn't have to worry about that for too long. After that we went to lunch with our sunday school teachers and their family. It was really nice to get to talk to them and catch up after spring break. When we came home I was able to get some quilting done, yay! I cut out ALL the pieces for the quilt I am working on next (t-shirt blanket) and I finally have the right tools so it was SO MUCH FASTER than the last one I tried to make. It is going to be pretty quick, I think. Yay! And it is a good thing because we need to do something to make a little money, since Jason is still having a hard time even finding jobs to apply for, much less ones that might be a good fit or ones he wants. He just mentioned that we are not going to be able to get a house as soon as we wanted to, or so he thinks. I don't really know what that means, but I am assuming it means we are going to have to rent somewhere for a few years, which we really did not want to do. That is going to be a bummer because we are ready to be in a house that feels like a home, but realistically that is not going to happen for a few years, it sounds like. How unfortunate...
On a positive note, I am finally completely content knowing that I will not have kids for a while. I went through a phase during the summer where I wanted to have a child the second I graduated. Then, a lot of people I know got pregnant (most of them were not trying to get pregnant...) and I kinda felt left out. I also thought I deserved to have a kid more than most of these other people who are either not married, got pregnant before they were married, or were not planning to have kids for many years but accidentaly got pregnant. Plus, I was working in the nursery at church and was surrounded by amazing babies during Sunday mornings. All of this added to be a "baby fever" producing mixture. But, I started to realize that I want to work for a while before we have kids, so I have at least some experience before I quit working to raise a family. I also would like to do a little more travelling (mostly to Peru again) and having a baby kinda prohibits that, at least for a while. So, in a nut shell, I am much more comfortable with not having kids for a while, which is a good feeling because I am not worrying about it nearly as much as I used to. I just hope I can keep this feeling so I can be a good aunt to Jordan and this new baby who will hopefully be here in mid-late October, if my sister doesn't miscarry (there is a 50% chance of that, and I don't know why, she didn't ask for the details). All babies are miracles and I want to get to know this one, too, just like I know Jordan.
Tomorrow it is off to the elementary school again, so that will be fun! I am going to start teaching my lessons very soon and I am really excited about how much I am going to learn during that process. Hopefully I can pick up some good techniques and learn all I can during these last 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment