Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break!

Aah, spring break. There is no better week in the spring. We started the week by going to a beautiful wedding in Levelland, TX for a couple who will live 6 houses down from us as soon as they get back from their honeymoon. Then on Sunday we drove to NM to drop off the dog with Jason's parents. Monday we drove up to Taos, NM, and met a couple of friends there. We skied, ate, and slept for three days. The snow was mediocre both days, it was really crowded on Tuesday but not so much on Wednesday. Jason is a fantastic snowboarder, so it was hard following him down the mountain knowing I would be sore and I will not be as fast as him for a long time. I decided I need a new board though, mine is many inches too long for my height. But we had a great time (other than not sleeping well) with our friends. Now we are back at home and just spending time with family.
Jason worked on our boat today for a while (and still is, actually), I washed my sister's car and played with my nephew for a while. My sister spent the morning at the hospital because she was bleeding. I am sure she was really scared. She had an ultrasound and the doctor says the baby is doing fine but she has a cyst on her ovary and there is something wrong with her uterous (she didn't ask for details) that is causing her to have a 50% of a miscarriage. She is supposed to take it REALLY EASY for the next couple of days, but that is not going to be all that easy considering she has a 2 year old running around. She is supposed to start CNA school on Monday, so hopefully she is feeling well enough by then to go, because missing the first day probably would not be a great way to start the semester.
We are all trying to figure out if we are going to be able to make it to Lake Powell this summer or not. I want to take a sign language class at UNM this summer but we are not going to be able to go to Lake Powell if I end up taking it. Not to mention Jason doesn't have a job yet so he doesn't know if he will be able to take a week off before he even starts. We are trying to figure it out but it is not all that easy. I guess we are just going to have to wait and see!
Ok, gotta go help with the baby. I am not looking forward to going back to school any time soon, but it will be here on Monday whether I am ready or not. At least I get to wear my new clothes! Please keep my sister in your prayers, as well as my grandma who started chemo yesterday for breast cancer. I will write more when I have time!

No comments:

Post a Comment