Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Oh my oh my

Where to start with today? I guess just the beginning.

It was a great day in the classroom. I was finally able to participate a little in the lessons and I am starting to figure out what I am going to teach next week. I am going to take over the English subjects next week then pick up the Spanish subjects the following week. I will teach everything for a whole week, then slowly give back all of the subjects over the following two weeks. It is going to be crazy, and quick, and difficult, but I think I can handle it with the help of my cooperating teacher, the support of my supervisor, and the ability given to me by my Lord and Savior. I just pray He doesn't make me stumble too much while I am teaching these precious kids!

This afternoon my dad called me to ask me how to suspend my mom's pump (she is diabetic). Well he didn't give me any details because he was trying to get her to wake up. Apparently, I found out after talking to her later, she remembers going to the store and putting the groceries away, but then doesn't remember anything else until 2 hours later. It is always a little scary when she has low blood sugar, even though I know she will come out of it. I guess she kinda passed out on the couch and had some horrible dreams. Thankfully my dad was able to show the boys how to take care of her if she happens to have low blood sugar and they are not around. They have never seen her low before, so this was a really good learning experience for them. Not so good for mom, but she is doing well now. It just takes her a while to get to feeling good again.

And, to round out the day, I found out that Jason's aunt passed away this afternoon. She had been battling cancer for 2 years and it finally caught up to her today. We all knew it was going to happen, but while it wasn't a shock we are still very sad to see her go. I honestly can't say if she is in heaven or not, but I sincerely hope she is and that I will be able to see her again some day. I think Jason and his parents are handling it pretty well, seeing as we all expected this to happen, but it is still difficult to lose a family member. This was Jason's dad's little sister. If you think about it, please pray for her family, and that they would somehow come to know Christ through all of this. Anne Marie, you will be missed.

So my day was full of ups and downs. Overall it was pretty good, but kind of emotionally taxing, so I think I am just going to go to bed. Thank you for the prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment