Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just right

I have found the right profession! It is so exciting for me, because through this student teaching experience I have realized how much I love teaching. I'm so glad God told me to change majors all those semesters ago, because I can't think of a more perfect fit for me. I am always exhausted and I hardly ever have time for other things, but I never dread going to school. I dislike the lesson planning part, because my lesson plans have to be so specific for my supervisor, but other than that I don't mind the prepwork or anything. It is hard having to do everything in Spanish and English, because my Spanish is not very good still, but I am getting a little more confident with it every day. I even found myself speaking Spanish when I wasn't supposed to or when I didn't realize it. It was a good feeling and I'm excited about how much I am growing as a teacher through this experience.

I am really ready to go back home, because I miss Jason and my family, but I am also having a pretty good time here. I'm so thankful for the cooperating teacher I have- she is awesome! I am really going to miss her, even if my next teacher is great too. I have learned so much from her already, and she has been so helpful and encouraging. I'm so grateful and excited that I have had this experience.

On a different note, I don't get to go home this weekend :-( The plane tickets were too expensive by the time I got around to buying them. I'm sad about it but at the same time I will have a TON to do this weekend, so it is probably for the better. I should be doing some of that work right now, as a matter of fact, but I don't really have the energy. This is stuff I have to do for my capstone class, not for teaching. So, while I am going to miss Jason terribly, I will hopefully have a really productive weekend so I don't get behind for next week, and so I do a good job on all the things I have to have done for Capstone.

My sister had a doctor's appointment recently and apparently Shelby is upside-down, and my sister is a little nervous that she won't turn back over in time. I think she will, though, because she is a mover and a shaker. Every time I am around my sister she is doing acrobatics in her tummy. I'm excited to meet Shelby, but I'm nervous about what it is going to mean for my sister and the rest of our family. I think she is going to do alright, but it is going to be so much more work than she thinks and I'm nervous that she is going to have more than she can handle, even if Paul is there helping her out some. (Don't even get me started on that situation...)

Ok, I really have to write my lesson plans. I'd say I'll write again soon, but I'm not so sure that will happen, so I'll just say I will write again when I have a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment