Wednesday, September 16, 2009

No time to think

It has been brought to my attention that I have not updates my blog in a while, so I figured I would update so a certain someone doesn't get upset at me ;-). My life has been absolutely crazy recently. With student teaching, taking a class, flying home and back every weekend, and trying to find time to have a social life, it is just nuts.

Student teaching is going really well. I love my cooperating teacher and I am so glad we get along so well. She totally trusts me to teach her kids and frequently leaves the classroom while I am teacher because she doesn't feel the need to be in there. I have only taught one subject in Spanish because these last few days I have had to leave or the kids left at noon, and all the Spanish subjects (except math) take place after noon. Last time I taught in Spanish I had a terrible headache because it takes so much energy for me to speak in Spanish for any length of time. Hopefully tomorrow goes smoothly and I won't be too exhausted to think after the day is over. I am most nervous about math because I don't have the lesson plan written out for me in Spanish, though it is totally scripted in English. Not only that, I had to figure out what the most important points to hit were because the lesson can take more than an hour to teach if you do the whole thing. I'm just a little nervous. I'm sure it will be OK tomorrow, but I just have to get through it before I will really know that. I will do my best and that will have to be good enough.

My class is going well, it is just quite a bit of work. It is mostly reading right now, but I know it is going to get a little more crazy in the next couple of weeks. I have capstone class also, which is a TON of work. It is all online and I have to read, write reflections and discussions every week, and stay on top of my portfolio which is much more work than it should be. I have to have descriptions of everything, images for every page and every section... just a lot of unnecessary work. I'm not looking forward to it, and I know I need to stay on top of the work but I have so much going on that it is starting to pile up on me.

I love going home every weekend and I am so glad that I get to do that. The only issue is I don't have much time over the weekend to get stuff done. I have a little while at both airports and on the plane both directions, but other than that I am pretty busy during the weekend and I can't get much homework done. I thought I would be able to do my work on Fridays, but so far I have just wanted to rest on Fridays and not do any work. I think that is going to have to change because I am starting to sink a little.

Ok, so that is the update. I'll admit, it is much longer than I expected. Oh, and I found out that I will be student teaching at the elementary school Jason went to when he was little, and I will possibly be with a former teacher of his. I will be in a 3rd grade class and I have been told I will love this teacher, so hopefully I will. I also have to start thinking about filling out applications for jobs in January, another thing I am not looking forward to starting. Ugh... OK, until next time. God bless and I wish you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment