Friday, September 4, 2009

Week of ups and downs

Maybe it should be titled more like "week of downs and ups" because that is more what it was. It started out with my first day in the classroom. I was terrified that my teacher wouldn't like me, that the kids would ignore me, and that I would be miserable. I was supposed to be in kindergarten but ended up in 5th grade at a different school, so I was completely unprepared, mentally. Well, my teacher was unprepared as well so it kinda took us a few days to warm up to each other. The students started out really shy, but they were really kind and respectful at the same time.

In the middle of the week I got some terrible news (see previous post) and was kinda knocked down. And on top of that, my mom had a little health issues (also see previous post). It made for a very interesting evening.

The day after that I got a very harsh and hateful email about my blog (and more specifically my faith). It was very disturbing and all I can do is pray for this person. He has obviously been hurt by someone in the past and he is now taking it out on me (or Christ in me, actually, because I don't know this person). I will pray for his health and happiness, though, and since I have gotten that email I have been so encouraged by my friends and family. I will not go into the details, but I am so thankful that I have Christ in my life and that He has enabled me to do the things I do and to know that I will be with Him forever. I know I will be persecuted, but God only allows that when He knows we can handle it.

And finally, today was a great day. My cooperating teacher and I are really getting along well and the students are starting to open up and joke around with me. I got thrown into a lesson today when my teacher asked me to explain a math problem because she was confused by it. I didn't do a great job, but I did a decent job. We are going to have to reteach the material anyway because both of us were a little confused, but it was a good learning experience for me. We had fun planning for next week and I look forward to starting to teach some lessons!

So that was my week. I head home tomorrow for the long weekend and hopefully we will be able to get the bathroom almost finished! We have to hurry because my sister's shower is next weekend at my house. Yikes! Ok, gotta go pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment