Saturday, May 2, 2009

Weddings galore!

Well, today was interesting. I went to TWO lingerie showers today for TWO great friends. It was so encouraging to go to them because I know they are entering into marriages that will last a lifetime. Both of them are Christians and I know they have saved themselves for that first night, and I know from experience that they will not regret that decision at all. The first shower was much more... uh... exciting than the second one. We played some... uh... interesting games and talked about some... uh... crazy topics. There were a lot more people at that one and everyone had something to contribute for what she should know on the wedding night. She is very innocent, so she needed to know some important things... things you won't know unless someone tells you what to expect. So it was good, and awkward all at once. Anywho, it was fun.

The second shower was much more low-key. We went to eat at a nice restaurant, didn't play many games, and just talked about all kinds of fun things. We never once talked about the "first night," even though I know she doesn't have any experience. What an amazing thing to go to two showers for christian girls who have kept themselves pure for their husbands. There is hope!

Actually, at one of the showers a statistic was read that the average guy has 10 partners before getting married. How sad... and I know there are many who do not have that many, which means there are plenty who have more than that. If only they understood how important it is to save yourself for your spouse... but I know that is not realistic. Just had to get that out of my system.

Well, off to church tomorrow so I must go to bed now. Praise God for Christian marriages!

No comments:

Post a Comment