Sunday, May 3, 2009

Huh?

What a strange day I have had. First thing this morning, when we are about to go to churc, I dropped my phone in the toilet... Don't worry, there was just water in there, but if you don't know, I have an iPhone, which is just a small computer. And as I am sure you know, computers and water do NOT mix. It turned itself off, Jason shook a bunch of water out of it, and now it won't turn on... at all. We have been drying it with the blowdryer all afternoon and so far no such luck. We took it to the phone store and they said there is nothing they can do about it. A new phone would cost hundreds of dollars, so right now I am using my old phone until we see if this one is going to work or not. Jason read that if it dries out completely then it will work again, but that could take a couple of days. I feel so bad about it and it kinda dominated my day. I realized that I don't feel so bad about the phone itself, but all of my contacts are on there, not on my SIM card, like I though, so that is stressful because I had a TON of phone numbers on there I can't really get now. FRUSTRATING!!

Then, at church, I had a different friend help me in the nursery and it was SO MUCH FUN because there were only 3 baby boys and they were great today. It was really relaxed and more fun than work. We have not had very many days like that in there, so it was a nice change. Too bad that was my last day :-(. On a positive note, the teachers that are in there before me are going to have their first baby! This couple has been trying for at least 3 years and they are finally going to have a family! I am so excited for them and I know they are going to make great parents because I see how they interact with the babies. Praise God!


After church we went out to eat at Rudy's with our Sunday school class. It is the last Sunday for class and there are quite a few couples who are not going to be going to FBC over the summer (and three couples are moving for good) so we all had a nice lunch together. It was so great to see EVERYONE and we got to have a nice time just talking and hanging out. It was really fun.

When we got home we decided to take Abby to the park to go swimming, just like we do almost daily. There were a few people that just stopped and watched as we were throwing the ball for her and just hanging out. Everyone thinks she is super cute and really smart, so it is fun to see how other people interact with her. She does not behave very well, especially for me, but she is still really fun to take to the park.

We didn't have anything spectacular for dinner... I made mac and cheese and Jason had a sandwich. Now we are hanging out and watching Independence Day on TV. Like I said, today was a very interesting day. It started out so horribly, but after that it was nice, even though I was kinda in a bad mood all day. Jason was so great and supportive, and he didn't get mad at all and I was so thankful for that. He said I was mad enough at me for the both of us, haha. I got a keeper! Anyway, I don't kow what I am going to do for the next couple of hours, but hopefully I won't obsess about my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment