Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Free at last!

I am finally done with school! I have one semester left in school for the rest of my life! These last two weeks have been torture, but now that it is over I can finally relax, though I don't exactly feel like it yet. I have plenty of books to read, quilts to make, and housework to do, not to mention getting my tan going before going to St. Lucia and getting in shape, but I don't really feel like doing ANYTHING for the next couple of days. That will probably get old by the end of tomorrow, but for right now it is working for me.

We went to dinner tonight with some awesome friends, and we had so much fun! I don't know why we haven't gome to dinner with them before, it seems so logical now, but we didn't think about it in time. And of course, both couples are moving to their respective hometowns this summer, so we won't be able to hang out with them much more. In fact, that seems to be the story with most of our friends. Many of my friends from class are moving this summer, Jason's friend is moving this summer. I guess that is the story of a college town, though... And of course, we are moving too. I will be coming back to Lubbock in August, but it doesn't really feel like there is going to be anyone here for me to hang out with anymore! That isn't really the case, just what it feels like. Just another thing to think about...

My sister had a rough day today... She was bleeding this morning so went to the E.R. again to have an ultrasound done. This is the third or fourth time it has happened, so of course she is nervous each time. She is only 16 weeks, too, so that means she is probably going to have to deal with this throughout the next several weeks. And now, after being in class for these last few weeks, she is told she can't get certified because she missed her practical today. Her teacher is giving her some nonesense that she can't make up the practical tomorrow, even though she is taking her other class to the same place tomorrow to do their practical. My mom even went with my sister to talk to the person in charge of the program and they said "no" too. I feel so bad for her because she put in so much work to make it through this, and now she is told she can't take the test because she will be 8 hours short in doing her practicals. She is mostly frustrated because her job that she had before starting school was EXACTLY the same as the practicals, so she has plenty of practice, but nobody thinks that counts. Poor thing, I kinda know what she is going through, only she doesn't have the same good outcomes I usually do when confronted with these situations. I just hope she doesn't give up with this career path and will do the rest of her practicals when the teacher allows her in August. What a bummer.

And p.s. She is having a girl. I have mixed emotions about this. On the one hand, I am excited about having a niece. On the other hand, I wanted to have the first something... and now she is having the first boy and girl... ugh. And, on the third hand (is there such thing?) I think she should think about adoption becuase she doesn't want to have anything to do with the father. As much as I love Jordan and I am so glad he is in our lives, I know the addition of another baby is going to add so much stress and chaos to the family dynamic. Everyone is having a hard time with this pregnancy, and nobody knows what it is going to be like once the baby is born. Who knows, but I just have to trust that God is in control and He has a plan for everything. I pray every day that my sister will come to Christ, but I have to be patient that God is calling her in His time, not mine. I love her, but she has some things to get under control in her life before her and I could ever be really close. It make me sad to see her suffer when I know she doesn't know she is suffering. She needs Christ so bad! I guess I will keep praying.

Ok, that is enough for one post. I don't have school now so I can hopefully write more often. We will see, though. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment