Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mouse Hunt

'Twas the night before graduation and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, except for a MOUSE!!

That's right, we saw a mouse in our house. Not only saw it, but saw it at 10:30pm the night before Jason's graduation. It was in our livingroom under the tv stand and came running out towards the fire place. I saw it and Jason decided we should try to catch it. I didn't really want him to kill it, so we had to catch it alive. It ran around behind the couches, under the couches even, and it was not all that scared of us. Jason had the couches moved and turned on their sides, we closed all of the doors down the hall except for the bathroom, assuming we would be able to catch it if it went in there. Well, he ran into the cat's room, all the way down the hall, and went under the door. We decided that was OK because it was an enclosed space and there is not much furniture in there. This mouse decided it would climb our curtains, so that added some excitement. It went all the way to the top of the curtains and when Jason tried to knock him down into the bucket it took a dive over Jason and just kept running. We finally caught it in the bucket and Jason put this little grey mouse outside. It was quite an adventure! I decided I am not scared of mice I just don't really want them to touch me. It was an hour ordeal, and quite exciting.

After all that, Jason graduated on Friday evening. His grandma and grandpa drove out from NM to see the ceremony (the only reason Jason actually walked was because he knew his grandma wanted to see it) which was really nice. We went to a very early dinner on that evening then dropped Jason off at the Stadium. Then I took his grandparents on a driving tour of the campus. They thought it was pretty cool and were surprised that I was able to find my way around, lol. I told them it just takes a little bit of practice. Then we met up with some friends to sit with at the ceremony. The speaker was very nice to hear but the ceremony itself was really long because it was all graduate students (master and doctoral degrees). Jason was lucky enough to get the very first seat on the very first row, lol. He was the first one in line when they all started walking out. We thought that was hillarious, though he did not. It was nice to see and I am glad he will have that experience. It is crazy to think that he is officially graduated!

This week is going to be interesting. Tomorrow is not regular church so we aren't sure what we are going to do about that. Monday I have a long distance student teachers meeting/orientation. Tuesday I am getting my hair cut. Wednesday Jason's parents are coming to help us fix up the house some more. They are staying until Friday. Friday we have the rehersal and rehersal dinner for the wedding we are in this weekend. Saturday at 3pm is the wedding, which I am really looking forward to because I think it is going to be so nice and our friends are going to have a great marriage. My parents are coming out late on Saturday and staying until Sunday or Monday, depending on how much we get taken care of and when we are ready to leave. Somewhere in there I have to finish a quilt before we leave. It is going to be a busy week! But I am so ready to move home that I will do whatever it takes to get to that point. Jason starts work on June 8, the Monday after we get back from St. Lucia, which will also be interesting. Lots of changes are in store for us these next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment