Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Today was such a good day, much better than yesterday. I got to sleep in finally, so that was a great start to the day. I am starting to get over all the emotions of the week and I am feeling much better about everything.
Jason got me some beautiful flowers for Valentine's day, then I was able to quilt all day long which got me one step closer to finishing this project. Then, Jason went to the grocery store, my very least favorite chore on the planet. He came home and cooked a delicious steak, salad, mashed potatoes, and bread dinner. And to top it all off he took me to Sheridan's (where the rest of Lubbock was at the same time, apparently). It was a much better day than I expected because of the way the rest of my week was.
My family is having dinner with my grandma tonight and my sister is planning to tell grandma about her pregnancy... let's just say I am glad I am not in the same state when that conversation takes place. My grandmother will not be pleased, to say the least. We all have the same thoughts and feelings about this situation, but my grandmother will let it all be known loud and clear when she hears the news. Not that I blame her, mind you. My sister kinda deserves to hear it all right now, but I am still glad I am not there for that.
My poor mom... she is having a very tough time with all this. She is already going back to counseling, just like the last time this happened. It really helped her last time, so I am glad she can go talk to someone about everything. Hopefully her and my dad can get on the same page about everything and present a united front for my sister. My dad is a very accepting, forgiving guy, but sometimes that isn't the best way to handle my sister (she assumes he is OK with what she does, even if he isn't). I wish I could be as forgiving as my dad, and that is something I am struggling with daily, but I think it is going to take me more time.
If you could pray for my parents, that they will know how to handle this situation and how to tell my brothers. If you could also pray that my sister would come to Christ, hopefully sooner rather than later. And that her first baby boy will not suffer because of the choices she continues to make. I am so nervous about how this is going to affect him, but I have to remind myself that God is in control. Romans 8:28- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purpose. While my sister may not "love Him" right now, my parents, husband, and I do, so there has to be good in there somewhere where He will glorify Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment