Friday, February 13, 2009

This week

Ok, so here goes...
On Saturday my parents returned home with David and Sam from Ukraine. They were gone for 9 weeks and it was so great that they were able to return home and everyone could settle in. My sister seemed like she made it through the time they were gone just fine, with a few bumps in the road but she handled them OK. Man, how things have changed since Saturday...
I recently found out that my 14 y.o. cousin is going through one of the scariest things possible. She goes in on Tuesday to have a biopsy done on a lump on her neck to find out if she has Lymphoma. She is such a strong, brave young woman, but this would be scary for an adult, much less a teenager. I am praying she is able to make it through this next week with good spirits and just take it one step at a time. I am also praying she is able to see God through all this and come close to Him again.
Then, Tuesday morning I found myself at the hospital for a horrible stomach virus. They also found a few things wrong with my G.I. tract so I am going to have to have follow up appointments for that in the near future. That was a rough day on both Jason and I, but thankfully my teachers are understanding.
Then, to top it all off, last night I called my house to ask my family to send me a picture for a project I am working on. While my sister was looking for the picture she tells me she is PREGNANT!!! She already has a 22 month old... and she will turn 20 in March. I am at such a loss for words I don't even know what to think. Mostly I am furious, but I am also sad for my parents and irritated with the whole situation. Don't get me wrong, I really like her boyfriend, they just don't get along and can't make it work. They are going to go to counseling at my parents church to see if they can't work through their differences, and their main goal is to get married before the baby is born, YIKES!! They have dated for 6 months and have broken up at least 4 times in there. Seems obvious to me.
So yeah, that is my life this week. I can hardly think about school and all the stuff I have going on there. Project after project, lesson plan after lesson plan... Not to mention I have a husband and a house to take care of. I know the Lord will never give me more than I can handle, but I am really going to need his help to get through this one...

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Girl - I didn't know you were going thru a medical scare too - you are certainly in our prayers - already were!!!! I love you - Hang in there and we can all encourage each other thru the trials.....I love you new blog - it's beautiful! YOU are so precious - keep clinging to HIM!
    Love,
    D.

    ReplyDelete