Sunday, February 15, 2009

To the point

Today the message in church was about The Prodigal Son (Luke 14). Needless to say it spoke right to me. Our pastor spoke about God's love for us, including the wayward children who squander everything He gives them, and how He rejoices when anyone comes to Him. This really spoke to my heart, especially considering the current situation. I know that God will rejoice the day my sister comes to know Him, but it is so hard to wait for her to find Him knowing that He wants a relationship with her, and with all of us, so badly. I love my sister dearly, and I want the very best for her. Yes, I am was angry and didn't do a very good job censoring my earlier posts as much as I should have, but I can't lie to myself either, because God knows my heart. I want her to be so happy and healthy, and it is hard for me to watch her make mistakes and get hurt, whether in relationships or just the daily struggles of life. And I love her baby boy. He deserves nothing but the best and I just want to give that to him. I know it is not my place to "mother" him, that is my sister's job. I have realized I have a lot of emotions to work through in all of this, but with God's help I know it is possible. And my sister told my grandmother about the situation last night in a very mature way and I guess the conversation went really well. This is a much more mature way of doing things compared to the past, so at least she is making progress.
The boys are adjusting nicely back home. Mom tried to get Sam to answer the phone when I called but he refused. I'm not sure he knew it was me though, because he probably would have done it if he knew. The boys absolutely adore their nephew, it is cute to hear about.
On to homework and housework. I finally have time to focus on all the things I need to take care of around here. Thanks for the prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment