Saturday, February 19, 2011

Reality check

Yesterday one of the other ladies at school had her baby. Congratulations on baby Alexandria! The crazy part is she was at school yesterday until 12:30 (she has been working part time because of blood pressure issues) and as far as I knew hadn't been feeling weird at all. I heard later she had started feeling a couple of contractions, but they were really irregular and unpredictable. Well, I got a text at 7:00 last night saying she had a baby girl! I was so shocked!! How can it go so fast? I hope mine is like that, and that I am able to work through the day and then give birth in the evening. That sounds like it could not have gone any better.

I call it a reality check because for the whole year it has been Carla, then Jessica, then me when it comes to when our babies will come. Well, now it is just Jessica and I. Holy guacamole! Jessica's baby shower is tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to giving her the gift I made her. But she is only 7 weeks away, and I am only 11. I guess now that Carla had her baby it seems like this pregnancy is just going to fly by, it is insane.

Ok, I'm sure a lot of that didn't make sense and for that I apologize. I am off to visit Carla and her new baby! What a blessing new babies are. Please say a prayer for Carla, her husband, and the new baby. They are first time parents just like Jason and I will be and I can only imagine what is going through their minds less than 24 hours after their daughter made her appearance. I'm sure they would appreciate your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment