Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bassinet and baby shower

Yes, I finally broke down and bought my first baby item- a used bassinet from a second hand store. I know, its a biggie :-) A friend found it for me at this store and I finally made it over there to get it. To tell the truth, I'm surprised it was still there because it is so cute and in such good shape! I'm not sure where we are going to put it because our room doesn't really have a place for it the way we have everything laid out right now, but we might have to do a little rearranging no matter what we put in our room for the baby. I'm glad to finally have something for him, though, because I'm starting to feel a little unprepared. Hopefully this next weekend we will do some furniture shopping and get a crib and changing table for his room so I can start putting things together, but I don't know what next weekend looks like yet. I know there is still plenty of time (I will be 27 weeks tomorrow) but I don't have a ton of free time once work kicks back into full gear (4 snow days threw me off a little). I'll just do what I can when I can I suppose, I don't really have any other options.

I got a phone call today from my bestest friend who is planning my baby shower in Lubbock. I'm so excited about it! I know it is going to be a ton of fun. All I need is to have my friends there, but I know she and the other friend planing it are going to make it special and I can't wait. They are so awesome and I couldn't ask for better friends. She asked if we have a name picked out for our little man, but we don't, so I couldn't help her there. Then she asked if we have a brand of diapers picked out. Lol, umm any ones that can be thrown away because I am not dealing with cloth diapers, no matter what their environmental benefits are. (Plus, I hear that ever child is different so I am just going to have to experiment with them until I find ones that work best. It was so nice of her to ask, though, in case we actually had picked something out.) Sorry I couldn't be more help! You guys are awesome and I truly am blessed to have friends like you. Thanks Rachel and Joni!

No comments:

Post a Comment