Monday, January 24, 2011

Completely irrelevant

This post has nothing to do with my pregnancy, just fyi :-)

Last night I got a text message from some number I don't know. It said, something like, "You have signed up for inspirational daily texts. This will charge $9.99/month to your phone bill. Thank you! If you wish to stop, reply STOP. For help, reply HELP." So, basically I freaked out and sent back "STOP" immediately. I told my husband about it 10 seconds later and he said, "don't send anything back!" To which I replied, "too late!" Anyway, I got a text back saying, "you will no longer receive texts or charges, thank you" But after that I have gotten 2 more!! I am so frustrated about it! I called AT&T last night to make sure I wasn't getting charged for it, and if there was any way to block texts from numbers like that. They said I was not being charged (yet) and that the best thing to do would be to reply "STOP" like I did. I will be calling again today to make sure I am not being charged for them. It just bugs me that people do this and that I was dumb enough to write back. I tried writing them an email but, surprise surprise, it is not a real email address. I guess I'm just bugged... Sorry for the totally irrelevant post. I just want it to be fixed!! Not a good way to start out my week...

No comments:

Post a Comment