Saturday, January 22, 2011

Babysitting

Tonight I got the wonderful pleasure of spending 6 hours with my niece and nephew. My sister went to a dinner thing and needed someone to watch them. After a slight hesitation (only because of how late she would be out) I decided it would still be worth it to spend the time with them. Jordan has been in a really good mood, except for one small incident where he didn't want to share toys with his sister. Shelby has been adorable and babbling away. She keeps calling me "mama" and when I remind her that I am "auntie" she says, "huh??" It is too cute. I can't imagine what kind of work it would be to be pregnant and have a little one like that! I don't know how people do it, because she takes 100% of your time and attention, and she is extremely independent! It pretty much confirmed to me that I want to wait a few years before having a second child. We will see what God's plans are, since they are often different than my own, but I think it would be really challenging to have two children that close in age right at first, even though I'm sure the benefits are worth it when they are best friends later in life.

Pregnancy update- I still feel great. The newest development is waking up in the middle of the night because of a forceful kick coming from within me. Overall my weight gain is OK, but it is more than I would like. People keep telling me it will all come off eventually and to not worry about it, but I want it to come off sooner rather than later. We shall see. I'm watching what I'm eating more, although tonight I didn't do so well. Dion's, why are you so delicious??

No comments:

Post a Comment