Thursday, October 28, 2010

Beating Heart

There is a baby growing inside of me!! I mean, I knew there was, but now I have heard proof that there is actually life! It was so amazing to hear that sound yesterday, and it just made it completely real. Ok, maybe not completely real, but definitely more real than just a positive pregnancy test. I have my next appointment on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, then we get to have our ultrasound (to find out the gender and see the baby for the first time) on the Wednesday before Christmas. That is going to make for some interesting holiday-time conversations! I know our families are so excited, though, and that just makes it all the more enjoyable. I love my baby so much, and it is going to be +/- 30 weeks before I can even meet him/her!

On a slightly different note, it seems like EVERYONE is pregnant right now. I have three college friends, two childhood friends, and two coworkers that are all expecting right now. It is crazy! I used to feel really jealous of those people because I want to be a mother so bad, but now I get to join them! It is exciting and I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences with these people.

And, on a completely different note, we have officially started our livingroom remodel. Our front porch is gone (they are going to repour the porch concrete and make a pretty roof over the porch to make our house not so rectangular), and our back porch is gone. We are adding on about 300 sq.ft., including a fireplace. I'm so excited about it because it will finally feel like a home, rather than a college house that is long and straight, like we are just living here for now but will move when the opportunity arises. This way, when the work is done, it will be the house we have made our own, and we won't want to move right away, because it is just like we want it. I hope the financial commitment is worth it, but from what I keep hearing it will be completely worth it. I'm excited and it is cool seeing the progress that the crew makes every day while we are at work. I'm thankful we are able to afford to do this and to make this house a home we can grow as a family in. God is good!

1 comment:

  1. Well not everyone is pregnant! I hope you are having a great time growing your baby! Post pictures to show of your remodel!

    ReplyDelete