Friday, October 8, 2010

ah, the life of a teacher

So, this is going to be less about pregnancy and more about my life right now.

I had a very stressful week. My kids were crazy, some of my teaching resources were taken away to be "reaccounted for" and those happen to be the only thing I have for teaching that particular thing. I have to do the benchmark test on all my students in reading right now, and if they don't "pass" at one level I have to retest them at different levels until they do. I never have all of my students in the room at the same time, so coming up with times to do class talks or rewards is incredibly difficult. Not only that, but my classroom opened up yesterday and the school is still trying to figure out a way to get us (3 other teachers and me) a day or two next week to work on our classes, but right now there is a lot of disagreement. I understand both sides, but it sure would be nice to have some help at least a little next week. Some parents are going to come help over the weekend (I hope) so that should ease the burden a little. I'm just trying to figure out how the most efficient way to organize everything is so that the kids have the least amount of disruption and the most gets done in the new room before the kids start in there the following Monday. Ah, the may hats that a teacher has to wear- organizer, holder of knowledge, politician, beggar, planner, mover, decorator, mom/aunty, caregiver, and disciplinarian. It is not an easy job. And for anyone who think it is, they should try it for a day. In fact, they can come to my class and I will help them, and they can still see what it is like just for one day. It is the most rewarding (paid) job in the entire world and I love it, but sometimes I just wish it could be a little easier.

The pregnancy is going well, nothing to report. I'm 9 weeks 5 days today and am getting a massage (because I gotta unwind from this week). Hopefully that won't be a big deal, but I'm assuming they would have said something to me when I booked if it was, since I was upfront about that information. Hope everyone has a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment