Saturday, October 2, 2010

Appointment Update

I guess in this case no news is good news, right? All the doctor did was go over our medical history and remind me how "healthy" I am. This is a really good thing for baby (who Jason has started calling "our squishy" like from Finding Nemo) but not so much for me because I really wanted to see him/her. I get to wait until the regular ultrasound at 20 weeks for that. This is going to be right around Christmas so it is going to be a great Christmas present. She confirmed my due date at May 8, which happens to be mother's day. And it was pointed out to me that we told our parents we were pregnant on grandparent's day... we didn't even plan that! I thought that was kinda cool though. So yeah, that is the update. She did a pelvic exam and tells me, "your uterus points backward, did you know that?" Me: "No, what does that mean?" Her: "Oh nothing, it's relatively common. It just means you are going to have more backaches." Me: "Great!"

So that was it. It was about as uneventful as it could have been. I peed in a cup and got some blood drawn. I felt bad that I drug Jason with me because it ended up being so boring. Oh well, I think next time we get to hear the heartbeat, so that would be cool. I like my midwife and will probably stay with her for the duration of my pregnancy, unless something unexpected happens.

Other than that I have been feeling pretty good. I have backaches now, like she predicted, and my hips are really starting to bother me, especially today. That could be because I spent the morning pulling weeds, though. My nausea is going away and I haven't felt sick for a few days now. I'm still exhausted most of the time, but I'm hoping that will get better here in the next couple of weeks. It is supposed to anyway. We shall see. Thanks for all the prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment