Friday, November 12, 2010

Belly

And so it begins- the growing tummy. Last night I noticed that when I laid down my tummy no longer sank down and my ribs nor hip bones show anymore when laying down. It was actually pretty exciting seeing the proof that my tummy is growing. That is weird for me to say, that I'm happy about getting fat, but knowing what it means makes it all better. And I took a picture of myself recently (when I was full and slightly bloated, mind you) and there is definitely a "pooch" which I am going to think of as a bump rather than just a big belly. I went shopping today for some clothes with a friend of mine and actually had to consider what I am going to look like in a couple of months (or sooner). (The girl I went shopping with is exactly 4 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy, so it is fun getting to shop with her and talk about having babies and compare stories and feelings. She is really close to me in age and it seems like we have a lot in common, so that helps, too.) I feel like I am starting to gain quite a bit of weight, but I've also realized that my weigh fluctuates like crazy, so I have no idea how much I have actually gained. I like the scale at the doctor's office, so I think I will probably go by their measurements :-)

I got to go to a training today to learn how to use my new interactive whiteboard!! It was so informational and wonderful, and I learned a TON of stuff. We even got to start making things we could use on our board, and practicing some different tricks to make the board even cooler. I'm very excited to start using it as soon as I get the remote that turns the thing on! (Long story...)

I think that is it for the updates for now. Oh, our remodel is coming along quite nicely. The livingroom is completely framed in, and the bones of the front porch are up. The windows and the fireplace are installed in the livingroom but there is no insulation, drywall, or anything else up on the walls yet. It makes the space feel very real, though, which is cool. I don't know what the next step is, but things seem to be moving along pretty quickly. The roof is going on this weekend, in fact Jason's parents already started putting it on today. It is really going to make our house look different! It is a silver metal roof, rather than the red and black shingles that were on there before we started this whole project. I think the contractor's next move is to put the stone around the fireplace, so we have to go pick out the stone we are going to use for the hearth. It is pretty exciting that we are to the point that we get to pick out more details! I asked Jason to take some pictures of the house yesterday afternoon, but I don't know if he has or not. You know how guys are ;-) Hopefully I can get some good pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment