Sunday, October 10, 2010

Names

Ok, so I know it is a little early to be thinking about names, but I can't help myself. I read through an entire baby name book and found approx 20 names that I like. Even though I think I am going to have a girl, I actually found more boy names than girl names that I liked. Fortunately we have a while to decide... about 30 weeks, because Jason and I have a hard time agreeing on these things. We are going to keep talking about it and hopefully narrow it down a little, because I'd like to know at least what his opinion is about the subject. I think we have talked about it a grand total of one time, and we can to a pseudo agreement, but nothing concrete. Luckily, we both know what we DON'T like, so that makes it a little bit easier. Now, if I could just get him to talk about nursery themes with me...

We will find out the sex of the baby hopefully the week before Christmas. That will be my 20th week, and supposedly that is when I get to have my ultrasound. I should probably make that appointment earlier than they suggest, so I make sure I can get in that week. Thankfully I won't be in school for that week, so that gives me quite a bit of flexibility. We shall see.

Another thing I hope to happen before Christmas is our house remodel to be completed. We are going to add on to our livingroom and add a front porch. The front is mostly just to break up the straight line that is our roof, but it will extend the porch a tiny bit, so that will be nice. And it might pave the way for us to add some room to the front to make a dining area. The living room addition is to help our house feel less like a straight line and more like defined spaces. We are going to add a back porch area (patio), a fireplace, and a couple of windows. It will make our livingroom about 300sq.ft. bigger, so it is going to be really nice. Hopefully the cost is worth it, though, because goodness is it going to be expensive. Thankfully we have family that can help us out while we get our financing figured out, so we can get it started before that.

Life is so full of happenings right now that I sometimes have a hard time keeping track of them! Hopefully I don't get lost in the shuffle. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment