Saturday, September 18, 2010

Now the world can know...

That I'm pregnant!! I am so excited I can barely contain myself!! We found out about 2.5 weeks ago but just finished telling the family, so now it is safe to spread the news on the blog. I plan to use this as a pregnancy updater, of sorts, and hope to be diligent about posting now that I know several people will be reading it.

What I know so far: Not much. I have an "estimated due date" of May 8th (Mother's day) but that is just from an online calculator. I can't go to the doctor until I am 8 weeks, which is next Sunday, so my first appointment is the following Wednesday. Yep, tomorrow makes 7 weeks. I still am in shock that I am actually pregnant, but I definitely have all the symptoms. Ok, most of the symptoms. I'm tired all the time, I have some morning sickness (that doesn't just happen in the morning, by the way), I'm sore, and a tiny bit emotional. It isn't horrible yet, just a little uncomfortable.

We have told all the family that we needed to tell. The rest are going to find out through the grapevine I'm sure. We were pleasantly surprised at all the reactions we received. We did not plan anything elaborate to tell our parents, although I thought that would have been fun. We just had them over for dinner and told them all at once. My parents and Jason's mom were all in tears, my sister was so excited, and Jason's dad hugged me with a big smile on his face. It was so wonderful. The only one missing was Jason's sister, but she had to go back to college :-( Darn that school.

I haven't quite figured out how I am going to tell my boss yet... He is a really nice guy, and the school has a family atmosphere, but I don't want to stress him out with my due date being so far away. I think I will tell him after my doctor's appointment, if I can wait that long. The problem is there is another pregnant teacher at school, and I don't want him to get stressed out about having multiple teachers gone at the same time. She is due like 3 months before me, so hopefully it won't be a big deal. We will just have to see what happens when I finally tell him though.

Other than that I don't have much to say. I'm still trying to get it to sink in that we are going to be parents, but it is harder than I thought it would be, lol. We know what room is going to be the nursery but that is about it. We have some other home improvement projects we would like to do, but we aren't sure if they are going to happen before the baby comes, after, or at all. Should be interesting trying to figure that out...

Teaching is going well. It has been a challenging year so far, but I keep hearing that is just how it is being a first year teacher. I have tried a bazillion different things it feels like, but nothing is working quite like I envision it. I guess that is why being flexible is so important! Hopefully I can figure something out soon so that my kids can really start to get into a routine and we can settle in. Like I said, hopefully soon.

Jason and I were both laid up sick yesterday with the stomach virus that is going around right now. It was horrible and it was still lingering a little bit today. I was supposed to go to a math training today but that didn't happen because I was still feeling puny this morning when I woke up. Plus, I didn't want to get all the other nice people at the training sick because apparently this is super contagious. My sister, niece, and nephew had it first, and now the only person in the entire family that hasn't gotten it is my younger brother. Even my parents' foreign exchange student got it! It is not pleasant. Thankfully I am feeling better now and I am looking forward to a really good night's sleep.

OK, I think that is all from me for now. Like I said, hopefully I will be able to keep this updated for everyone who is curious. Please pray for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby as a result! Praise the Lord that I am going to be a mother! I know things can still happen this early on, but I want all my friends and family's support if anything does happen. We will just have to wait and see as it is in God's hands for the next 7.5 months! And after that, too, but you know what I mean :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment