Sunday, September 19, 2010

Knowing and waiting

I think most of the family finally knows! You don't know how much family you actually have until you have to call them to tell them important news like this. And unfortunately I don't have everyone's number, so I am relying on the news to spread on its own to the remaining few. Now all I get to do is just wait for my first doctor's appointment. It is in about a week and a half and it is going to take SO LONG to get here. I don't even know if they are going to do anything exciting at that appointment, like an ultrasound, but I certainly hope so. Supposedly it is a TON of paperwork and blood tests and thing like that, but I haven't heard any confirmation about whether I will get to see/hear baby or not. I guess I am just going to have to wait and see.

My symptoms are no different. I haven't had any morning sickness in the last couple of days and I am not as tired as I have been. I hope this means I am on the up-swing and will feel better for a while. I know the symptoms come and go, but I kinda hope they stay away, as long as it still means a happy baby.

We have started discussing nursery ideas, but my darling husband thinks it is entirely too early to even start contemplating things like that. I keep bringing it up anyway ;-) We have only talked about potential names once, and I even feel like it is a little early for that. We are just going to let this baby marinate for a while and then figure out the important things, like a name, further on down the road I guess.

On a different note, this weekend (ok, just today) I did a whole lot of planning and prepping for this week, and I am hoping that will mean that this week will go much more smoothly than last week did. I have all my things in bundles for the copies I need to make, and I have most things planned out for the week (I think, unless things take a whole lot less time than I am anticipating). This week starts a different part of instruction that I have to include in my mornings (ESL) and it is going to definitely be a different routine in the morning for me. Oddly enough, it is pretty much just me that is going to be affected by it, the kids won't really notice a difference. Unfortunately, I have a training that I have to go to on Tuesday morning, which means the third sub in 4 days for my poor students. I hate being out so much, but mandatory training and illnesses are impossible to avoid. Hopefully this is the last time I will be out for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment