Saturday, February 27, 2010

Weekly happenings

This week was relatively uneventful. I had my first observation from my assistant principal on day 5 of me teaching. I wasn't sure what I was going to teach until that morning, because I didn't know it was happening until the afternoon before. I think my lesson went well, but at the end the assistant principal pulled a kid out of the room for being disrespectful to me. I didn't think it was that big of a deal but he did, so he took care of it. I had a talk with the kid after class, and the next day he behaved much better. I learned a little about his situation, so hopefully that will help me know how to help him a little better.

My assistant principal said I did just a fine and he was pretty impressed with the way I was handling the kids. I had him come specifically at that time so he could help me with the classroom management of that group. They are in 6th grade and as big as I am, with attitudes to match, so it makes it pretty challenging. I am getting better at it, though.

Other than that there was nothing really out of the ordinary this week. I have been working out every other day and I am almost up to being able to do 2 miles in 20 minutes, which doesn't sound like much but it is my first goal. I have already lost 2.8 lbs! when I was working out every day I could do 2.5 miles in 24 minutes. I am quite a ways away from that still, but hopefully I will make it and really start losing weight here pretty soon. I need to get my eating under control, but it is really hard because I like food SO MUCH! My goal is to get down to 140 by June. I think I can do it but it is really going to take some work. Being in a swim suit is pretty good motivation, though, and that happens in June, if not before. Gotta get busy.

I'm really looking forward to this coming weekend because my best friend is coming to visit me! Her and her husband live in Lubbock and I haven't seen them since my graduation. They are going to come for the Firey Food Show. I am not sure what else we are going to do while they are here, but whatever it is I am sure we will have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment