Monday, February 8, 2010

Kitchen- before and after

Yes, you read that right, I am posting some "after" pictures of our kitchen because it is done!! I hope I get this formatted correctly so the pictures show nicely, but either way the pictures will be on here. Our cabinets are "rustic maple" and our counters are silestone. Enjoy!



This is the sink. We had a hideous stainless steel sink before that was ginormous. Now we just have a pretty, deep sink, and there is nothing hideous about it. We even changed out the blinds.




We added cabintes and counters along the far wall of the kitchen, where the fridge is in the above picture. It was completely unfunctional before, so now it is useable space.




Here we took out the wall halfway down to open it up into the livingroom. We also added the peninsula to make more counterspace near the stove.




The floors are dark wood, rather than the tile that was there when we moved in. The tile was pretty easy to take out, except for a little bit in the laundry space. I still need to take pictures of that but there is a little work we still need to do in that area before it is perfect.

I may take some more pictures, but this is a pretty general idea of what it looks like. I could not be happier with the way it turned out. I sometimes find myself just looking at it from the livingroom (because, as you can tell, it is open to the livingroom now). So, there you go. I hope the pictures do it justice!

1 comment:

  1. Your kitchen looks so great!! I know you are excited! Seems like things are going so great for you guys! Congrats on the job also! Hope you guys have a great week!

    ReplyDelete