Monday, February 1, 2010

My first Monday

Today was such a crazy, hectic, stressful day. We are starting some testing tomorrow and we had to get everything finalized, which meant passing out notes to each of 200 children taking the test. Of course the teachers were not thrilled about me coming into their class to hand out the notes to just some children. It had to be done, though, and I guess we are all just going to have to get over the inconvenience.

I was also able to make a lot of scheduling decisions. I met with some of the teachers to figure out which kids I am supposed to meet with, who can be in a group with who, when works best for people, etc. It is going to be impossible to see every child I am supposed to see, and for some reason that is really stressing me out. I know there is nothing I can do about it, but since I have about 60-80 kids that I have to see I feel like I should at least try. The bilingual coordinator for the district said we just need to prioritize the kids that need our help the most. It is still stressful, though.

Anywho, this is testing week so I will not have kids until next Monday. Hopefully I can have a really productive week and get a lot of things done so I am not stressed out next week.

On a different note, I get to brag a little about my sister. She made the President's List with Honors at school!! She has been working really hard, and it is paying off. I know she is going to go places and be successful, even if she has to do it on her own, for now. Yes, sadly, she and her boyfriend broke up a few days ago. It was a mutual decision, and a very mature one at that (instead of just pushing marriage and assuming that would fix the issues). They are both pretty upset about it, but they knew it was the right thing to do. Please keep them in your prayers, and the babies.

More days of work to come! Hopefully tomorrow is a little less challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment