Saturday, August 22, 2009

This weekend

Actually, I will start with yesterday. I had a student teaching orientation meeting from 8-5 yesterday and it was crazy. Well, crazy is kinda the wrong word... more like ridiculously boring and tiring. Have you ever been so tired of sitting that your butt goes numb and your legs feel like they are going to go crazy? That is exactly what I was feeling all afternoon yesterday. I didn't necessarily learn anything I didn't already know, but I did get reminded of some things and one teacher gave a pretty good classroom management presentation with some good ideas. I got my placement, though, and that was a great feeling to finally know where I was going to be. I honestly don't know anything about the school, but now I can at least go drive by and scope out the neighborhood. I am starting to feel a little nervous, but mostly I am excited because I know I will learn a lot and I will also get to try some things that you can't be taught, you can only experience. I hope I am not disappointed!

After the meeting I came back to the house, changed, then went to Dion's for a salad for dinner. Then I went to a movie with my friends from church. We saw Post Grad and it was so funny! "The Passion of the Guacamole" "It is mexiCAN, not mexicant or mexicould" "Cat's dead. I ran over him on accident." HAHA!! Oh, and Megan cracking up next to me for like 10 minutes after a funny part made it just that much better. The quality of the movie was about mediocre, but it was funny and very entertaining, which is what I was in the mood for last night. We then had Starbuck's and hung out for a while. It was a very pleasant evening and I am so thankful for friends like that.

Today was a very nice day. I got to sleep in a little but I did set an alarm so I didn't sleep too long. I worked out today for the first time in a while, running anyway, and I did weights for my arms, too. It felt good to get back into it. I am going to have to figure out a way to exercise when I start student teaching because it is too dark in the mornings, but I hate taking a shower in the evenings as well as the mornings, so the evenings aren't great either. That is probably what I will end up doing, though, so I just need to suck it up and be OK with taking two showers.

After working out I got to have lunch with Gran at Olive Garden. MMMMMMM!!! Then we saw Julie & Julia at the theater (a super cute movie). After that I went shopping. I know, crazy because of tax-free weekend, but the store was surprisingly calm and I was able to find a pair of pants and a cute shirt, all for under $30. I had a $10 off coupon which helped a lot, and I was able to part with another shirt that I wasn't sure I loved enough to buy. It was probably a really good idea, though, because I didn't love it, and I'm not entirely sure I would wear it. I'm very happy with what I bought though.

Then I came back to the house and ate dinner with Dale and Gale. It was a great day and I am so glad I didn't have any homework or other obligations to keep me from enjoying it. Tomorrow I will go to church, see all my friends again (which I am really looking forward to), come back to the house and maybe do some homework for my class, maybe go shopping at the mall (if I can stand to fight the crowds- I have a feeling they will be worse at the mall than they were at Kohl's), then have dinner with my Gran, my cousin, and his two little girls. Should be a good day and I am hoping I can enjoy it as much as I expect to!

On a side note- Jordan cracks me up. Every time I talk to him he asks, "Where is uncle Jason? Where is Abby? Are you pulling weeds?" LOL. He's so funny and his mind works in mysterious ways. He keeps talking about the "tractor" he rode a few weeks ago, meaning the ride his mama took him on at the amusement park. He was scared while he was on it, but now he says, "I had fun on the tractor!" and that he wants to ride it again. Or when he sees my sister-in-law he says, "You fall? Kneeboard?" Because months ago we were at the lake and she was wakeboarding (a word he doesn't know) and she fell once. It is hillarious what he thinks of! Anyway, I just wanted to give you a little idea of the joy he brings to my life. I adore that child and I am having a very hard time thinking about how I could possibly love my own children any more than I already love him. I know that feeling will come soon enough though!

No comments:

Post a Comment