Sunday, August 23, 2009

House and school update

I will start with the house. Jason has done all the demolition on our hall bathroom and it is a completely bare room now. It is actually kinda crazy. We are completely redoing the whole thing, so he had to rip everything out. Thankfully his parents are amazing and are willing to help us do all of that. And by us I really mean Jason since I am not there to help. He keeps calling me to ask questions or see my opinion on things and whatever, so I answer him the best I can while I am not there. I frankly don't care. As long as they don't do anything crazy and use at least most of the stuff I already said that I liked, it doesn't matter to me! He is an amazing husband, though, and wants my "ok" on everything he is doing, which I appreciate even if I am not much help.

I played ultimate frisbee tonight with some of my friend from church. I hardly knew anyone there, which is really weird because last summer I pretty much knew everyone. Actually, one guy remembered who I was, so that was nice, because we were on the same team. I had some good plays and some not so good plays, but it was fun regardless.

Before going to ultimate I went shopping with my friend Rachel. We went to two stores in the mall and I was actually pretty successful! I found 3 pairs of pants and 6 shirts this weekend and that is more than I have found in a long time! Plus I had coupons and it was tax-free weekend, which made it all worth it. I actually don't think I even spent $200 on the whole amount! It was pretty awesome.

Then I went to dinner with my Gran, my cousin, and his two little girls. It was so nice to see him and his girls, I don't think I have seen them in like a year. He is going through a rough time, so if you could pray for him that would be great. I'd rather not go into details, but he and his family need a lot of prayers right now. On a bright note, though, his oldest daughter starts kindergarten tomorrow, which will be exciting! Anyway, that made for a very nice evening before going to hang out with still more people and play.

I think I have decided to try to go to Paradigm if I am able to. It is a Thursday night worship service and I haven't gone to one since freshman year. They are amazing but I normally am too busy on Thursdays to go. I am going to try really hard, though, because that will be the only time I will see my church friends since I will be going home every weekend until I move back in October.

So those are the updates. I am trying not to dwell on being apart from Jason but the weekends make it especially difficult- hence why I tried to stay SO busy this weekend. I won't have to do that again, though, so that is good. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment