Thursday, April 16, 2009

All of a sudden

Things are really moving around here! Our house is officially "on the market" as of yesterday, we are packing up our house for the move, Jason graduates three weeks from tomorrow, I have like 3 days of class left... yikes! Things are really starting to happen, things I didn't think would ever get here. We have been talking about moving for a while now and now that the house is up for sale it seems much more real. And knowing that we will be home in less than 5 weeks is even crazier! I will have to come back to Lubbock multiple times before I can stay at home permanently, but at least we are taking some steps towards that time period. Jason has a good lead on a job, but we are still waiting to hear from the guy... hopefully he will have good news for us! God is really testing us through the job-hunting process. Jason has been applying for jobs since the end of last year and he has not heard one, single thing since that started. He finally has a good chance to get a job, though, but we are trying not to get our hopes up just in case something happens! Please pray that he would get a job so we don't have to live with his parents very long and we can start building our life.

And today is my last day at the elementary school I have been at :-(. I am so sad because I have loved every single minute I have been there and I was hoping it wouldn't end so quickly. That is the kind of school I want to work in and I would love to have colleagues that resemble the 5 teachers I got to work with while I was there. The kids were great and changed my mind about the grades I am willing to teach. I never even considered 4th grade and now I wouldn't mind teaching them at all (in English, that is... there is no way I have the Spanish knowledge to be able to teach 4th graders in Spanish... but that is another post). Today is going to be bittersweet because while it is the last day there it also means that I only have three days of class left in the semester, woohoo!

Ok, I know this was short but I hadn't written in a while and I figure I should update everyone on what is going on. There is nothing really new other than that stuff. My cousin going through chemo is on her last treatment, PRAISE GOD!! And my Gran is on her second to last treatment, though the treatments are a little rougher on her than my cousin, simply because of her age. Please pray for both of them, that they would recover quickly from their treatments and that they would not have side-effects. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. thank you Les. I am so happy for you guys that you are coming home and also we will keep Jason's job situation in prayer!!!!!
    Love you!!!!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete