Monday, April 27, 2009

Where is it?

I am finding that it is very difficult for me to see God's hand in my life right now... and that is really hard for me to admit. I am so stressed out and nothing seems to be going right for me. I have been praying all morning for Him to show Himself in everything that is going on, but so far I haven't heard His answer.
I have that paper due in 30 hours and my teacher just told me that I can pick it up after noon at her door to make my corrections. I have class from 12:30-3:50, then I babysit from 4:15-7:45... When does she expect me to make those corrections? I sent her my paper on Friday, by the way, and she just now got back to me! I can't stand working last-minute, especially when this paper decides whether I graduate from the Honors College or not... ugh.
Then, we are showing our house today. We have everything pretty much in order, but getting it cleaned up at a moment's notice is not easy, even though there is no clutter anywhere. What a pain. Hopefully this will be the person that buys the house though and then we can just be done with it...
And, to top it all off, my sister tells me last night that she doesn't think her boyfriend is the father of the baby she is currently carrying. What?!?! She says, "the weekend I got pregnant me and [boyfriend] were broken up and I hooked up with my ex." To which I replied, "who?" She says, "oh, you guys don't know him." Que??? So now, she will have two kids with two fathers we have never met. We met Jordan's dad long after she was pregnant, but I had heard his name before. This guy was not even in the picture long enough for her to mention! And that is a big deal, because she talks about everyone she hangs out with. It makes me so sick to see what she is putting herself through, and how what she is putting her second child through. Jordan's dad keeps saying he is going to fight for custody rights of Jordan, which he does every time a holiday comes around, but he hasn't seen Jordan since before Christmas. Now, this guy that she hooked up with for one weekend might be the father of this second baby. Her and her boyfriend are still trying to work things out, even though he just found out the same news we did, but I simply can't see it working. This is so stressful! When is she going to learn?

I am just having a really hard time seeing anything positive right now, other than Jason probably has a job lined up and we are for sure moving home in mid-May. But both of those are so far away that they seem like they are never going to get here. Jason mentioned that he is starting to think about having kids, which is very interesting, and I can't wait for that! I have started thinking more and more about kids since I threw a baby shower for a friend yesterday. It seems like a lot of people are having babies right now (see previous posts...) and I am being kinda left out. I know it will come with God's timing, but it is very hard for me to not know the plan.

Ok, I suppose that is enough ranting. I am so thankful that God has given me this day, that I am healthy, that my family is healthy, and that things seem to be OK right now, I just really would like to see His hand in these trials I am going through, because it is rough right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment