Friday, February 24, 2012

Surgery, conferences, spring break, oh my!

Levi is still trying to recover from his surgery. It was exactly a week ago and he is doing well. He had some trouble in the last few days with the new skin peeling off and it bleeding. Poor baby, he's in so much pain when that happens. We have started trying to have him sleep on his side so he is more comfortable, but he is just like his momma and is a tummy sleeper no matter how we place him in the crib. Hopefully he will just heal soon and we won't have to worry about it.

Parent-teacher conferences are coming up in the next couple of weeks. I just put my schedule together and starting the last day of February before and after school until March 8 I will be busy! I dread this time of year because I feel like teaching stops to make time for doing report cards, making schedules and phone calls, etc. Not to mention I have started doing something new in my class where I switch half of my kids for half of her kids. Kinda late in the year, I know, but it is what it is. The students are doing well with the switch, but it is hard getting used to so many new students this late in the year. At least it adds a little bit of variety to our lives! I really enjoy my class, but I am also really looking forward to when I can stay home with Levi and our next kid, whenever we choose to have another.

Spring break is immediately after conferences and what awesome timing! I don't have ANYTHING planned for spring break so it is going to be a wonderful time of rest, relaxation, and hanging out with Levi all day every day. I have a feeling it is going to be really hard to come back to work after that week off. Then it is the sprint to the finish though. I haven't started a countdown til the end of the year yet... but it's coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment