Saturday, October 1, 2011

Babies!

So many new babies are being born to friends of mine and it is such an exciting time! It's so fun to think about all the little blessings in our friends and families' lives. I can't wait to meet all these little guys (and girls) and to start forming a play group for Levi to grow up knowing and playing with.

Last night I was reading through the journal I started in December. I read the story of Levi's birth and it brought back such memories. Then I was reading the entries leading up to his birth. Early in April a bunch of us made predictions about when he was going to be born. Apparently, I picked May 3rd... Crazy!! We eventually made a pool and everyone put in $5 for the date they picked. I didn't end up picking May 3 because my sister picked May 2 and I wanted to spread out the guesses a little, but I should have picked May 3 because I knew that was when he was going to come. So crazy that I knew (or at least had a gut feeling) that he would come that day, of all days I could have picked.

Levi has now put himself to sleep twice again today. The second time I laid him down he was asleep in 2 minutes. It is so neat to see how much he is growing and becoming more independent. I know I am going to miss this time when he is grown, but I love watching him grow. He is also going through a stage where I seem to be the only one that can calm him down. It was cute at first, but now he screams every time I walk out of the room. Jason can usually calm him down, but he really wants me. I LOVE how he lights up whenever he sees me. His smile and laugh are so contagious that I can't help but join along with him. Being a mom is so much fun, even though it is totally exhausting. I hope I can start enjoying it more when he eventually sleeps better. I will take what I can get though.

No comments:

Post a Comment