Saturday, December 4, 2010

sick

Unfortunately, I have caught a cold. Who wouldn't? I mean, I work with 20 sniffling, sneezing, coughing children every day, I have stress out the wazoo, and I'm pregnant. I'm shocked I held off this long! I have a horribly head cold and have gone through an entire box of lotion Kleenex in 3 days. It is kinda rough. But it is much more work for me to call in sick than it is to actually go to work, so I have just been going to work. Thankfully I have the weekend to rest, but it is going to be a pretty busy one. I get to have lunch with a friend who I worked with last year. Tonight is dinner with Jason's parents. Tomorrow is church and lesson planning. I'm so glad there are only 2 weeks left of work, then I can have a true vacation, and enjoy our new livingroom hopefully!

The electricians are here right now finishing up the sockets and everything. They say they will be done today which means we can finally use our fireplace! Of course we missed the cold snap we had last week and couldn't use it then, but we will be using it the moment we get the OK. It is still going to be a little while before we get carpet and tile down in the livingroom, which is a little bit of a bummer, but it is going to be nice not having workers here all the time. Hopefully I can get some pictures of it almost completed so everyone can see the progress. I hope they hurry because I want to set up our Christmas tree! We may have to leave it up an extra week or so since we can't set it up when we wanted to.

OK, I think that is the update. Oh, Jordan is being incredibly cute about the baby. He always asks how the baby is doing. He talks about him/her growing and getting bigger. Last night he said a prayer for the baby. And when we left my parents' house last night he gave the baby a hug and a kiss. Literally, he hugged just my little belly then kissed it. It was adorable!! Him talking about it makes it feel much more real for me. I am +10lbs so far, although I lost a pound this week, so I'm not sure what is going on there. I'm looking forward to the next appointment because we get to see the baby and find out if it is a him or a her. So exciting! I hope everyone has a great weekend! God bless and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment