Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving x2

That's right, two Thanksgiving dinners. Talk about amazing! Thursday we had dinner with Jason's dad's family up in Albuquerque. It was really nice to see everyone! We haven't seen them since I told them I was pregnant, so that was kinda fun. Then yesterday we had dinner with my family. If you count the babies there were 34 of us at one point! It was so crazy but incredibly fun. I actually was able to carry on a tradition, with the help of my Gran, of making homemade noodles in a broth/gravy type sauce. They actually turned out pretty good! They would have been better if we had some of the turkey drippings instead of just using chicken broth, but I think overall they turned out pretty good. Now I have the confidence to make them without my Gran here, if that happens. I'm glad they came out for Thanksgiving and I think they might be coming for Christmas, so that is going to be great. We used a pasta extruder for cutting the noodles and she said either we have to use that when she comes here or if I go out there I have to take it, lol. She surprised me by letting me use the extruder this time, because she is very much for tradition, but it was so easy that I don't think she could resist getting away with less work! It was fun spending yesterday cooking with her and learning some of her tricks.

Today we are going to go shopping in town. Hopefully all the maniacs went yesterday and the crowds today will be much more pleasant. I have some clothes picked out that I want to show my mom for Christmas present ideas (on her request). Then we are going to go to an Arts and Crafts fair and have dinner with my grandma. I love the holidays! Between all the eating, the family, and the time off work, I don't think there is a better time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment